March 28, 2011

The Life Of Your Dreams - Pt. 1

What if someone gave you permission to live the life you’ve been dreaming of? Someone has! My new radio single “Here’s Your Life” is all about waking up to the fact that life is yours to live…not to just blindly swim through it, consuming what gets thrown at you...but letting God’s heart inside of you guide you into a life filled with joy and peace. “This is the day the Lord has made!” So, what are you gonna do about it? I want to spend this week encouraging you to be bold and courageous in the pursuit of the deepest desires of your heart, trusting that the God of the Universe is on your side, working on your behalf.

Part 1 - Identity

Sounds good Mark, but how do I go after this life of my dreams? You don’t know how busy I am just trying to get by…to get through all that I have to do! To think of myself seems like too much of a luxury…

I believe it all comes down to your identity. Meaning, what do you think about yourself? Do you like the person you are? Do you see yourself as infinitely valuable to the world around you? Do you see yourself completely and unconditionally loved by Jesus Christ, God’s son and the Creator of the Universe?

Once you are completely convinced of your identity in Christ, He puts His desires inside of you. Psalm 37:4 says: “Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.” I can’t run after the desires of my heart and expect to delight in the Lord. I can’t run after my desires and expect God to delight in me. When I delight, or find joy, or find my identity in, God…I find Him in me. He awakens me to His desires inside my heart. That’s what we need to wake up to. What are the desires of God’s heart inside of me?

I believe God puts these desires in our hearts to be the compass the guides us on the path He wants us to be on. If you’re His, it’s time to dive into your heart and uncover the desires that are hidden there.

Are you waiting for someone to give you permission to start living the desires of your heart? Well, here’s your chance. Today’s the day to reclaim that fire of desire that has been smoldering in the background of your heart. So, what are you waiting for? Here’s your life!

I’d love to hear from you. Please send me an email or leave a comment. Tomorrow I’m going to tell you what I think is the barrier that must be climbed over before you can live the life of your dreams. See you then!

No comments: