June 26, 2013

Smeby's WANNABE Book Signs With Literary Agent

Buckysigncrop2I'm so happy to be able to announce that literary agent Bucky Rosenbaum of Rosenbaum & Associates Literary Agency has signed on to represent my newest book project—WANNABE: How To Make It Big In Nashville (From Someone Who Hasn't Yet). This is not only great news, but a fantastic dose of encouragement to me, and while it doesn't guarantee anything, it's a giant step in the right direction.

And I tell you what, Bucky is awesome. From the first time we met four and a half years ago, I knew I wanted to be friends with this guy. He has tremendous experience with books, in particular, a small book he worked on called "The Purpose Driven Life." Remember that one? He knows his stuff, and has already been a great coach and mentor to me as a writer. I'm so thankful.

So, Mark, tell me more about this book! Well, you've been reading excerpts from my manuscript during this past month as I've been celebrating "20 Years In Nashville" - things like:

[caption id="attachment_1611" align="alignright" width="150"]Smeby20a Click here to visit my "20 Years In Nashville" landing page[/caption]

Here's the official premise of the book:
Explore the inner-workings of America’s hottest “it” city through the eyes of “Wannabe,” Mark Smeby, as he sets out to make his dreams of stardom in the music industry come true. But while the city can seem designed to kick the dreams out of a person, Mark’s persistence over twenty years reveals a different definition of success than he first imagined. Along the way he learns about the power of not letting other people live your life for you, but how to let your heart be the compass that guides you on the path toward the life you desire. Filled with colorful stories and insights into celebrity-ism, WANNABE is about waking-up to the life you’ve always imagined, but never thought possible.

What do I hope to accomplish with this book:
WANNABE is for dreamers, artists, doers, yes…but it’s also for people who are tired of “just getting by,” people who are wanting to live life to its fullest. People who want to live the life of their dreams, even if they’ve been discouraged and told it’s not possible. WANNABE is for people who want to wake up to the reality of living the life they’ve only dreamed of having. Does this sound like you?

I look forward to letting you read the whole thing!

1 comment:

Christian Mörken said...

Hi Mark, that sounds cool. I am working on a...well, kinda similar project though it s a coaching book for men, that is going to be published next spring. I am working on that with a famous german Coach who is spezialized in working with men. He has a strong christian background and it is a very joyful work. So, all the best for the book. That is a great idea and I will DEFINITELLY order a copy as soon as it is published.