July 6, 2010

Movie, Music, Marathon - Smeby Update

This whole blogging thing is so strange to me. I picture an imaginary audience out there...you know, people who actually care...and think about what might be interesting for them to read. The problem is, when it's your own life, and it all kinda melts together in a mush of good and bad, fantastic and boring, it's hard to determine what another person might find interesting. (So if you're reading this, I'd love to get your feedback - what would you like to read about?)

Things are progressing well in my creative life. Filming has begun on "1 Message" - the new motion picture from Kelly's Filmworks. I'm so honored to have been asked to be a part of this fantastic story. It's a beautiful, poignant story about a young woman's battle with the ravaging affects of breast cancer. I have an amazing role that is going to really challenge me--so I'm thrilled about it. And you're going to absolutely love Ashley Kate Adams (on the left, with fellow actor Tom Luce on the right) as the lead. She's originally from Louisville (where the filming is taking place) but she's living in NYC and doing the Broadway singing/acting thing...I'm hoping this film could be a big deal for her...and that I get to ride a little bit of her coattails!!

Speaking of challenges, training for the Chicago 1/2 Marathon is right on schedule. I'm learning about courage and discipline. About saying yes when everything in your body says no. And saying no when your body says yes. It's a very spiritual experience. I highly recommend it. I wish someone would've told me sooner how my passion for life is so symbolized by running. How no matter the pain or the distance or the heat or the quality of the road, you have got to keep going!! (cue "Pilgrim Man")

Speaking of "Pilgrim Man" - the tune has unbelievably been added to 100 stations now and is making an impact bigger than I had ever dreamed. I'm looking forward to the launch of the next phase of radio promotions starting this coming week. In the meantime, I continue to plug away at finishing the whole dang Pilgrim Man CD. I'm so excited to be able to share some of these new songs with you. I'm really striving to put heart, sincerity, and emotion at the forefront. With a bit of fun thrown in for good measure. More than anything I want people to know how loved they are.

Here's something I wrote recently about the one word I believe will change your life.

Hope you are finding hope for the journey.  You are not alone.

P.S. Please send me an email if you know somewhere I could come do a concert! Thanks!

No comments: