July 12, 2010

Help Me Make the "Pilgrim Man" Music Video!

To celebrate the September release of my Pilgrim Man CD project, I would love your help with the creation of the "Pilgrim Man" music video! This video will be used to promote the album, and I will also use it behind me when I sing the tune in concert! The goal is to make this as inspirational and encouraging to other people as possible. So what can you do to help? Well, thanks for asking…


I would love you to send me video clips of you (or people you know) doing things like:

  • Holding up powerful signs of encouragement, i.e. "Don't give up" etc. "You can do it," "You're not alone," "God Will Carry You," etc.
  • Hold up a sign of testimony, i.e. "I had cancer…but I'm a survivor." "Didn't think I could do it, but I just ran my first 1/2 marathon," etc. Make it personal! Check out "Cardboard Testimonies" on youtube.com for some ideas.
  • Helping someone else, i.e. Mission trip videos, working with kids, volunteering at a shelter or a nursing home.
  • Singing along with the song in an interesting place.
  • Doing something challenging or difficult - for someone it might be climbing a rock, for someone else it might be walking… what is it for you?
Here's a great example of a clip from Craig in St. Louis:



GET A COPY OF THE SONG: If you want, you can download the song on iTunes (itunes.com/marksmeby), or you can listen to/play the song on facebook.com/MarkSmeby - click on the "My Band" tab. While you're there, feel free to "Like" me. Heck, I'll even email you the tune if that'd help!

UPLOAD: Once you create your video (hopefully at the highest quality possible - HD is great!), upload it to YouTube, and then email me the link to see it: mark@marksmeby.com - subject line: My Music Video Clip! You don't have to record the entire song, just as much as you'd like.

DEADLINE: Please send me your link by August 16th!

SMALL PRINT: Once the CD is released I will send a FREE copy to everyone whose clip I use, so please include your mailing address. Your email will then be added to the semi-official Mark Smeby email list, so let me know if you don't want to be added to it, okay? The videos you submit must not be taken from anywhere other than your own camera or phone. They must be created by you. You are forfeiting your rights to the video once you submit it to me. Meaning, even if this video wins Video of the Year on MTV, you're not gonna get any money for it. Sorry!

I look forward to seeing your creativity and so appreciate your help!

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Great idea, Mark! Can you use photos or video, only?

Anonymous said...

Mr Mark......
Remember "The Words you Think by are the words you live by". Be the change U want to see! Look for the good in everyone! I know it has been quite some time but U survived the flood? Not sure about your home but your dogs R still here? Have a great day Sir :)
Bored Pam Solarek Tucker here in good ole Albuquerque, NM