July 12, 2008

Enjoy!

I always chuckle a little when someone drops off our plates of food at a restaurant. How as they walk off, with forced quasi-hospitality, they offer the one word of direction anyone needs while staring at a plate full of food with an empty stomach: "Enjoy!" Oh...OK! I will do that! I will enjoy this food! Thank you for the reminder. People never talk like this in real life. These people continually get away with it.

But the directive I received when leaving a restaurant last week topped that. As we left Saltgrass, the host holding the door said, "Hope you enjoy everything!" As if he's directing us to enjoy everything that happens from here on out. Once you leave the premises, please make every effort to enjoy what happens. Perhaps he meant to say "Hope you enjoyed everything..." but I like to believe this host holds the secret to life I've been longing to find. You know what, just enjoy everything. Don't analyze everything, or try figure out why you do what you do, or why someone you care about doesn't do what you think they should do, don't stress, don't worry, don't freak out about stuff that's completely out of your hands. Just enjoy everything.

Why yes, Mr. Saltgrass Host with a ponytail, I will. I will enjoy everything. Thanks for the tip.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Willy Wonka?