July 1, 2008

A Couple Thoughts...

Here are some things I've been thinking about.
1) Baseball. What an unbelievable game. I love how one person from the offense goes up against the whole defense. It's a complex, individualistic team sport filled with guys who seem to just dig hanging out with their buddies while they travel the road for half a year. I wish the season had a quarter of the games they play so each game would count more. Currently, it's a bit like a marathon where teams have to pace themselves for a hopefully big finish six months down the road.
2) Ambition. Tricky proposition. I believe it's probably easier not having dreams and goals. Yet, it's hard to imagine walking around with your bow and arrow cocked but with nothing to shoot at.
3) Friendship. I can't imagine not having someone to reflect back to me who I truly am, my worth, my value, my mistakes, my weaknesses. On my own, I can paint a self-portrait that looks a lot more like what I'm attracted to, or what I'm repulsed by (depending on the day), than who I really am.
4) God. It appears that ultimately he's going to do whatever he wants. And usually that's better than what I could've scripted. More nuanced, more beautiful, more redemptive.

No comments: