March 29, 2006

Being on TV.

Ok. So I had my TEN seconds of fame this week on nationally-broadcast television. Who knows how many hundreds of people watched, but that's more than normally see me on a good day. How did it feel? You know that place inside your soul that cries out that there's just gotta be more to this life than just the day to day, more than just the getting by? That place felt rubbed and nurtured. Like a big hug from arms unseen.

Just kidding. It didn't feel like much at all, actually. The best part of it all was how my friends and family responded to it. Everyone was so supportive and loving, it's been amazing.

But, no worries. No chance for big heads or arrogance here. My TV appearance Monday night was bookmarked by large packages of dog poo on the living room carpet both Monday and Tuesday mornings. And I've had the flu all week, myself. Not much room for feeling amazing.

No comments: