November 13, 2005

Postcard From My Journey To Me

Wow. Cindy Morgan has a great CD coming out after the first of the year. She should be the most successful artist in the world because she's so amazingly talented. Check out her LISTEN project if you haven't heard of her. Regardless, her new project has a song called "Postcard From My Journey To Me" -- actually it's just called "Postcards" - but I like the long title. It has amazing lines like: "If you can't find the answers from anyone else, you just have to see for yourself." If I wrote a postcard from me, this is what I'd write today...

HELLO MY DEAR FRIEND! How are you? Hope this finds you swimming around in the blessings of God and feeling His love. I'm having an amazing time here. Even though it might not look exactly like I had hoped it would, there is much beauty to be seen. While I'm here, I'm discovering that I can either focus on what I don't have, or what I hope will happen in the future...or what probably won't happen in the future...OR I can dwell in a place of gratitude for what is right here in front of me. The view is amazing from here. Why do I still desire different mountain vistas or other glorious sunsets? It's pretty much a waste of time and grandeur. Yes, it's great to be here. Still, I'll be home real soon. I look forward to our time together. See you then! Love, me

"I'm searchin, I'm travelin, my life's been unravelin, and still don't know where this will lead. Enjoying the weather, I'll get it together, so don't worry I'll send you a postcard from my journey to me." -- Cindy Morgan

No comments: