July 9, 2013

New Song, Upcoming Concerts, Etc.

YGGTstudioHow's your summer going? I hope well. I'm enjoying the heat and humidity of Nashville, thanks to a nearby pool! I'm also enjoying reading some good books, evening runs, and watching baseball on TV or at the Nashville Sounds AAA team games.

First off, thank you so much for all your love and encouragement. It means the world to me that we've connected through a concert, a song, or perhaps even a movie or TV show. What a great thing to know that we're not alone on this journey. And that by coming together we can give each other fresh doses of HOPE to make it through another day. I'm grateful.

Things I want you to know about:
1) NEW SONG
2) UPCOMING CONCERTS
3) 20 YEARS IN NASHVILLE WRAP-UP
4) WHY I'M DOING THIS

1) I finished my brand new song "You'll Get Through This" inspired by an upcoming book of the same name by Max Lucado and can't wait for you to hear it! You can watch & share the lyric video RIGHT HERE and even download the song there for free, too. Or you can CLICK HERE and enter $0.00 (or any amount you'd like) to download!

2) Upcoming Concerts!
Rochester, MN - 2nd Annual Peace Plaza Concert - Fri July 26 @ 5:15pm w/Rochester Covenant Church's Hundredfold Worship Team
Rochester, MN - Miracles Happen Festival - Ironwood Springs - Sat July 27 @ TBD
Green Bay, WI - Cup O' Joy - Sat Aug 3 @ 7pm

3) 20 Years in Nashville - I had an amazing month sharing stories and various stuff (including a new FREE worship project) about my 20 Years in Nashville - you can get the whole scoop on the landing page RIGHT HERE!

4) Why am I doing all this? Sometimes I ask myself this question! Because there's always going to be a bigger audience. A higher chart position. A better song. A better singer. If I'm chasing after the goal of being the best or biggest I'll never get there. And I'll be horribly unhappy. So why am I doing all this?First, because of the immense joy I get from doing this. And secondly, because I know someone, possibly you, is reading this or hearing a song and is being inspired to live their own life more fully, more joyfully. Life is too short to be miserable. God wants to shine through you. But as you keep your light hidden under a cover of fear, insecurity, of never good enough, God will go unseen. You are a miracle created with amazing precision to be a unique teller of truth. My songs, my books, these emails—are all to tell you that. To convince you that LOVE is real and it's aiming right at your heart. As you learn to receive it, and then live life as a response to that love, you, my friend, will be a success.

Do you believe that? I pray so.

No comments: