September 5, 2010

It's Strange To Release A CD

I'm hesitant to even write about this. But it's such a strange thing to do to complete and release a CD. Especially when it's something I've been dreaming about doing for 17 years. After all those years of seriously wondering if I'm completely crazy...and even being told by some people that I am... there's a bit of a feeling of redemption in the completion of this project.  And I'm so happy that early reports from people who have heard some of it are very positive.

So what's the point? This is for all the people who are wondering if they are crazy, as well. You're not. But that doesn't necessarily mean that your dreams are going to come true, or in the way you hope they will. Or in your desired timeframe. But I can promise you this: If you don't give up, and continue working towards your goal, seeking wisdom from people who know more than you, you will find yourself going places and doing things that you never imagined.

There are a lot of people who want to make a CD who need to really work on finding their own unique voice. They need to take a lot of lessons, and learn how to write better songs. And they need to tell an engaging story, something that other people will want to hear. That's when you'll be met with an audience at an unexpected time. No audience is concerned about perfection, but they are looking for passion and authenticity.

My number one goal while making this CD was to create a project that only I could create. I didn't want to make a CD just like everybody else. So what is it about me that makes me so unique? That's what I had to dive in and uncover. And I'm thrilled to feel like I accomplished that.

My hope? That people would know more clearly how loved they are after listening. To feel that hope is closer than they imagined. And that life is an awesome adventure worth diving into - heart first.

PILGRIM MAN releases on iTunes 9.14.10 - or just let me know if you want a physical CD.

Check out a sample of each of the songs from the CD using the widget at the top right of this page!

1 comment:

writermike said...

WELL DONE, MARK!!!
In case you have another 17 years handy, I'll tell you now that I'd eagerly buy a follow-up album!

I'm listening to that very passion as I type this -- you really deliver the goods, man, vocally, lyrically, even in the production values.

What a great job.