May 29, 2010

"Pilgrim Man" Hits 79 Radio Stations - CD Underway

Man, I'm so excited about the response that "Pilgrim Man" man is getting at radio. It's so difficult for a new artist to get airplay…so to have 79 stations take a chance on an unknown like me is really extraordinary.

I hope people are being encouraged by the song. I usually write things that I need to hear myself, and so what happens is that I'll pop the tune in my car and something will hit me in the lyrics that I really needed to hear. That's amazing to me, and makes me feel like God is involved in this process…that it's not just about me being clever or talented. It's about God using a semi-normal guy to create a tool that He will use to encourage His children...including me! What an honor to be a part of this!



I'll be getting my Pilgrim Man preview CDs from the duplicators this coming week. It has four songs on it, plus me talking about where the songs came from, why I wrote them, etc. I call it a preview CD because I'm working on the full CD project right now. I'll be taking the preview CD to concerts or selling it online to promote the full project. If you want to buy just the preview CD for $5 you can do that…or you can buy the full CD for $15 and I'll send you the preview CD now, and the full CD when that's completed. Shoot me an email if you're interested: mark@marksmeby.com

I'm blown away by how the new songs are sounding. I'm working with people who are soooo talented. I can't wait for you to hear songs like "Here's Your Life" that I wrote with Scott Sheriff -- it sounds a little like Lionel Richie meets Phil Collins' "Sussudio." Also, "This Is A Time For Hope" that I'm writing with Chris Davis is a powerful dramatic song, and helps to fulfill my desire to pour buckets of hope all over people, regardless of their circumstance. Tim Brown has taken the song I wrote with Scott Krippayne, "Don't Forget Me When I Fall," and turned it into something magical.

We're going to have to have a big party when this thing is all done. You're invited!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

um, i usually get previews for free, dude...i don't think i can wait so please help!
jode