March 26, 2010

"Pilgrim Man" - Update

Thank you to everybody for responding so amazingly to my "Pilgrim Man" tune. This might sound weird, but people are saying things that I have always dreamed of them saying. Does that make sense? I have hoped for so long that people would be impacted by my singing and writing, and so to have those two things combined into one package called "Pilgrim Man" is quite a joy for me. Check this out from Julie Branham, Director of the Nashville Soul Choir:
"It drew me in from the moment I heard the opening pulsing rhythm, like a weary heart beating from a long journey, and then the encouraging words “Pilgrim Man, don’t give up. Though the road may be long and the journey hard…” I think we’ve all been there at some point in our lives, wondering if this is all that life has to offer, wanting to let go and give up. Pilgrim Man is a song for everyone who needs to know that they are NOT alone on this journey of life. That every day IS a brand new day and the best is yet to come.


There is nothing like hearing a song by an artist who has penned something that they have obviously, personally lived, and then delivered with a passion that is unmistakable.  And, to me, Mark’s voice has never sounded better. Throughout the song, that 'weary heartbeat' gets stronger and stronger and then the song explodes into a huge chorus that will surely become an anthem for many who hear and experience it."
Wow!! Thank you so much, Julie!!





RADIO CHART INFO: It's a super slow climb up any chart. Slower than I had anticipated, or feel like I can bear at times. I don't know what's normal, what's good, what's awesome...so I just have to wait and see. Kind of a strange, out-of-control feeling. Is it enough of a success if my song has had a potential audience impression of 48,800? How many impressions or spins is enough? I think I need to answer this question...but for now, I'm unclear -- but still thrilled.

Here's a new role call of stations who have taken a chance on playing the tune:

WFST: Northern Maine and Western New Brunswick 
WKBO: Harrisburg-Lebanon-Carlisle 
KGPS: Kingman, Az. 
WBYN-AM: Lehighton, PA/ Allentown, PA 
WLIX FM: Long Island's Voice of Hope
KFLO-FM: Shreveport
WNPQ: New Philadelphia, OH
WXML: Upper Sandusky, OH
WJFY: Heath, OH
WGMA: Spindale, NC
WSWV: Pennington Gap, VA
WKBO: Camp Hill, PA
NewCreation internet radio
Joglen Gospel Internet Radio, MD
BethelPilotRadio - Bethel College (IN)
Signs & Wonders Radio - Ashland, VA
Hope Radio Online: Leitchfield, KY
EJNM.net: Montreal, Que.
thecssonline.net: Glendale, AZ
radioforlife.net:
WWIP: Norfolk/Virginia Beach/Newport News 
Word Outreach Radio: Northamptonshire, England


Thank you so much for all your support and encouragement!!! Mark