October 9, 2009

Movies, Music, Radio... To the Moon, Alice!!!

I thought it was time for an update. There's been so much going on lately, it's hard enough for me to keep track of it all. More than anything, I want to say a giant THANKS for the support and encouragement from you all!

CLANCY - this awesome faith-based family movie is being released around the country via DVD on Oct. 20. It's a great adventure-driven relationship story with powerful themes of forgiveness, faith, sacrifice, and redemption. Oh, and it features my song "Precious Memories" - available now on iTunes, or watch the music video on YouTube. You can also hear the whole soundtrack for Clancy on iTunes, as well.

THE PERFECT GIFT - my motion picture acting debut! Releases on DVD Nov. 3rd, with a limited (teeny-tiny) handful of theaters showing it, as well. A few TV networks will be showing it, too (details TBA). A heartwarming Christmas film that will be around for many years to come, The Perfect Gift explores the Culture vs. Christmas war that always seems to strike up around the holidays. I play the leader of a local ACLU-type group who tells a local church they have to tear down the Nativity scene they've put up in their front yard. Yes, I'm the bad guy. But I play him with such charm and passion, I'm certain you'll love hating me. The Perfect Gift also features my tune, "Emmanuel (You Are With Me)" - more below on this one. Again, this is a Kelly's Filmworks production - my friends Jefferson and Kelly up in Louisville are amazing and really appear to want to help the people around them succeed more than themselves. I'm thankful to be around them and the beneficiary of much of their generosity and love.



EMMANUEL (YOU ARE WITH ME) - Kelly's Filmworks has agreed to hire radio promoter Mark Giles to work my tune to 1200 radio stations around the country for this upcoming Christmas season. I'm blown away by this!! This could be a huge thing for me, or it could be a small thing. It's impossible to know exactly what is going to happen. My hope is that people will love the song, and especially find encouragement in the message. I wanted to write a song that acknowledged how Christmas isn't always the happiest time of the year. For some people who are alone or hurting, it's a very painful time. This song goes there - and then invites God to come into that place. I'm also blown away by my co-writer and producer Tim Brown who has gone above and beyond with his work on this tune, as well as shooting the music video for the song. Just this week, we added live drums, more guitars, and will (unbelievably!) be adding a full orchestra to the track next week! WOW!

I'm convinced that success happens when God places people around you who have a greater vision for your possibilities than you do. For anything to happen in this Industry you have to have champions-people who believe in you more than you do yourself, and then actually work to help you succeed. I'm so thankful for so many people like this in my life.

I've also recently had really interesting acting auditions for parts in a new Disney film called Secretariat, a Robert Redford film about the Abraham Lincoln assassination trial, as well as a FOX TV show called Past Lives. I haven't gotten any of these, but I've had a blast at least getting to put my name in the hat. Honestly, in spite of all the hundreds and hundreds of opportunities I been rejected for, I'm still surprised at how it stinks so much - especially when it seems like it'd be a really good gig. Still, I have to trust there's a greater plan at work, or else I'll go even more bonkers.

More to come....


No comments: