July 22, 2005

What is "Superfamous" about?

Thanks everybody, first of all, for being so dang nice. It's so cool to connect with people all over the world and share life together. WOW! Secondly, thanks for all the amazing comments about the music. It's very encouraging and inspiring. Sometimes we have no idea at all how much power a simple word can be, spoken at just the right time. Be BRAVE people...tell someone you care about that you actually care about them! It might be just what they've been waiting to hear!

OK - about the tune. What a blast we had recording this song. I really wanted to have a fun, sarcastic tune about how it seems like EVERYBODY wants to be famous these days. Just turn on the tv and watch any reality show if you don't think so. Or go to a club and see how everyone is trying to look like someone famous. Or try living in Nashville and go ANYWHERE!!!

Someone asked me, "Are you being serious in this song?" Yes and no. Do I JUST want to be famous...no, not JUST. I would absolutely love to be able to have everyone in the world hear my music and maybe make them smile after a hard day, or make somebody feel like they can really start living their life, instead of just settling for getting by. So, yes, it'd be a blast to have an audience that enjoys what I do. But, I say "no" to the part of the extreme where it seems like people are willing to do anything to get people to like them. I don't want to do that.

I also don't want to take advantage of people based on any sort of position I might have. Not an easy task, especially when you're tired or lonely! HAH! So, there's a short answer for you. Somebody did tell me once, "You're just doing music cause you want to be famous..." I shrugged my shoulders, laughed, and wrote a song about it...

No comments: